Scholarships are currently offered by Qatar University to academically distinguished students applying to undergraduate programs. The Qatar University Scholarships is a highly competitive selection program which is aim to select the best applicants for this scholarship.
Applicants must have an excellent academic performance to be eligible for this highly competitive scholarship. It is fully funded and can be used by international students with outstanding academic achievements.
About Qatar University
Qatar University (QU) remains Qatar’s primary higher education institution since its inception in 1977 and has become a region-wide beacon of academic and research excellence. The University is committed to providing high-quality education in areas of national significance.
Qatar University International Students Scholarship Details
- Level of Study: Undergraduate
- Organization: Qatar University
- Country to study: Qatar
- School to study: Qatar University
- Course to study: SEE LIST BELOW
- Gender: Men and Women
- Application deadline: January 15, 2023
Qatar University Scholarships Coverage
Qatar University’s scholarship program for international students covers the following:
- Students are exempt from tuition fees
- Exemption from textbook fees
- A monthly salary of 500 QR
- Transportation to/from campus and student housing (2 students per room).
- Ticket for annual round-trip airfare
- A residence permit under QU sponsorship
Related Article: Top 22 University Offering Free Application Fee in the Universe.
Requirements for Qatar University International Students Scholarships Qualification
The following conditions must be met in order to be considered for Qatar University’s International Student Scholarships:
- The applicant must have a high school certificate or its equivalent.
- A minimum high school average of 95%.
- Applicants must receive final university acceptances.
- In order to qualify for admission, an applicant must meet the requirements of the college to which they applied.
- It is recommended that the scholarship be used during the semester in which it was awarded. The start of the study can be postponed for one semester.
- If the student does not pass his/her first semester, the scholarship will be canceled and the student will be informed by QU email.
- Applicants must have a good reputation.
- To qualify for this scholarship, the applicant cannot simultaneously receive another sponsorship/scholarship.
Conditions for Continuity of Scholarship:
- It is required that the student maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 out of 4.0.
- Each semester, students must complete at least 12 hours.
- It is mandatory for students to remain registered continuously (in the fall and spring) until graduation.
- The student should not exceed the period for graduation according to his/her study plan.
- Scholarship recipients are required to adhere to Qatar University’s academic regulations, policies, and procedures.
- In order to keep the scholarship, you must abide by the General Conditions.
Qatar University Scholarships available:
- Qatar University Scholarship (Internal Scholarships, External Scholarships)
- H.H. the Emir of Qatar’s Scholarships for Academic Excellence
- Outstanding Performance Scholarship
- GCC States Scholarships (Embassies)
- GCC Qatari Certificate Scholarships
- Children of Qatar University Employees
- Other Scholarships
- College of Education Diploma Scholarships
- Short Scholarships for the Arabic Program for Non-Native Program
Available Fields & Majors
There are a variety of academic programs and majors available for international students at Qatar University. Below is a list of fields and majors.
- College of Law
- College of Medicine
- College of Pharmacy
- College of Arts and Sciences
- College of Business & Economics
- College of Education
- College of Engineering
- College of Sharia and Islamic Studies
- College of Health Sciences
The deadline for applications is
January 15, 2023
International Scholarships at Qatar University: Interview Date, Process, and Venue
Within seven weeks of the online scholarship application deadline, applications will be evaluated. Students who have been nominated will receive a letter of conditional acceptance that defines the conditions and documents required for final acceptance.
As soon as the university receives the required documents, it will apply for visas and notify the students as soon as possible. According to the announced timeline, students will receive final decisions regarding admissions and scholarships by email.
Scholarship committees may consider applicants’ standardized test scores in English (IELTS or TOEFL) and Mathematics (SAT, ACT, QU Math Placer) upon receiving their applications.
How to Apply
Visit the School’s official website to read more and begin your scholarship application