Although an IELTS score is a prerequisite for admission to Canadian universities, not all universities require one. In this article we review No IELTS Schools in Canada for International Students. Lets begin.
No IELTS Schools In Canada For International Students
Every year, this university welcomes students from around the world. Students are not required to take the IELTS test in order to be admitted to its programs. Nonetheless, students must submit the following documents to prove their English proficiency:
- Certificates of Higher Secondary education and higher education studies
- Completion of standardized tests like TOEFL iBT, CanTEST, CAEL, MELAB, PTE Academic, CAE, and Duolingo English Test
- Completion of an approved English Language Proficiency (ELP) program by the University of Saskatchewan Language Centre and the University of Regina
- General Certificate of Education of A/AS/AICE Level English
- Completion of one of the following qualifications:
– Advanced Placement (AP) English
– International Baccalaureate (IB) English A1 or A2 Higher Level
– International Baccalaureate (IB) English B Higher Level
– GCSE/IGCSE/GCE O-Level English, English Language, or English as a Second
University of Winnipeg:
IELTS is not specifically required by the University of Winnipeg. Besides IELTS, this university accepts a variety of other English proficiency tests. However, it is compulsory to produce proof of your proficiency in the English language.
Here are some alternatives:
- Duolingo English Test
- Cambridge Assessment English: C1 Advanced
- Cambridge Assessment English C2 Proficiency
- Canadian Academic English Language Assessment
- Pearson Test of English (Academic)
- Academic English Program for University and College Entrance
- English Language Program at The University of Winnipeg
- English Language Program – Part-time Evening Program at The University of Winnipeg
IELTS scores are not required for students to study at this prestigious Canadian university. Students who do not wish to take the IELTS test can enroll in the Intensive English Language Program (IELP). In addition, this university accepts CAEL Assessment, CAE (A1 Advanced), CPE (C2 Proficiency), Duolingo, TOEFL, and PTE scores.
University of Regina
Located in the capital city of Saskatchewan, Canada. University of Regina offeres no IELTS to students. Apart from IELTS, it accepts the scores of many different tests like CAEL, TOEFL iBT, PTE, CanTEST, MELAB, TOEFL, UofR ESL, and Duolingo. Students can also take the ESL Test at the university, but they must complete ESL 050 to qualify.
Applicants to Carleton University must show that they have completed at least three years of in-depth education in English.
Submission of IELTS scores is not mandatory. There are, however, a few criteria students must meet in order to demonstrate their proficiency in English.
Other English proficiency tests apart from IELTS that Cambrian College accepts include TOEFL, PTE, and Duolingo. Additionally, students have the option of enrolling in English for Academic Purposes Program (EAPP), which takes between four and ten months, depending on their proficiency level. On completion of the EAPP, participants will be accepted into a diploma or certificate programs.
Memorial University of Newfoundland and Labrador
This university offers more than 300 courses, making it one of the largest in Canada. This university offers a vast range of courses in fields like economics, computer science, international business, engineering, etc. There are more than 18,000 scholars from around the world at the university. In addition to its four main campuses, Memorial University has two satellite campuses as well. Besides IELTS, the college accepts several other tests including TOEFL and CAEL. If you do not meet the minimum scores in the proficiency tests, you can enroll in the university’s Intensive English Program at St. John’s or Grenfell campuses. Applicants who have completed an e-proctored English test or an interview will also be considered.
Here is a list of No IELTS Schools in Canada For International Students
This schools may waive your English proficiency requirement:
Seneca College – Ontario
Fanshawe College – Ontario
Loyalist College – Ontario
Niagara College – Ontario
Conestoga College – Ontario
Fleming College – Ontario
Humber College – Ontario
Mohawk College – Ontario
Confederation College – Ontario
Cambrian College – Ontario
Georgian College – Ontario
Southern Alberta Institute of Technology (SAIT) – Alberta
Bow Valley College (BVC) – Alberta
Northern Lights College (NLC) – BC (Some programs only)
Selkirk College – BC
Vancouver Community College (VCC) – BC (Some programs only)
Okanagan College – BC
College of New Caledonia – BC
Coast Mountain College – BC
New Brunswick Community College (NBCC) – New Brunswick
College of North Atlantic – New Labrador
Holland College – Prince Edward Island
Cape Breton University – Nova Scotia