If Traveling and studying abroad is on the list of things you wish to achieve, then the Daad scholarship 2022 is an excellent fit for you. This article will teach you how to apply and study in Germany through this scholarship opportunity.
The German government is dedicated to providing quality higher education for local and international students The German government is dedicated to providing quality higher education for local and international students tuition-free; this makes Germany a great choice when it comes to pursuing academic excellence, not forgetting the availability of Job opportunities.
After graduation, international students can stay up to 18 months searching for a job, unlike other European countries where international students are given three months’ stay after graduation.
The Daad Scholarship is tailored for brilliant international students pursuing Masters or Ph.D. programs in Germany. It covers monthly payments of 861 euros for graduates and 1,200 euros for doctoral candidates for 12 to 42 months, depending on the choice of study.
international students who possess at least two years of professional experience can grab this opportunity to take a postgraduate or master’s degree at a state or state-recognized German university. Opportunity is also open to take a doctoral degree and to obtain a university qualification (Masters/Ph.D.) in Germany.
This is all made possible because the DAAD is keen on promoting the training of specialists from developing and newly industrialized countries, empowering them with top-notch educational excellence who in turn will help to eradicate poverty and provide accessible good health in their country of origin.
Summary for DAAD Scholarship
- Level of study – Doctoral (Ph.D.) & Masters
- Institution: DAAD
- Field of Study
- Economic Sciences
- Agricultural and Forest Sciences
- Engineering and Natural Sciences
- Humanities and Social Sciences
- Language and Cultural Studies
- Mathematics, Natural Sciences
- Medicine, Health Sciences
You can also see the complete list of available Postgraduate Courses.
- Program Period: Between 12 and 36 months, depending on the length of the chosen study program.
DAAD Scholarship Deadline:
Depending on chosen study program, please check the deadlines here.
DAAD Scholarship 2022 for Masters and Ph.D. provides the recipient with the following benefits:
- Monthly payment of 861 euros for graduates or 1,200 euros for doctoral candidates.
- Travel allowance unless these expenses are covered by the home country or another source of funding,
- One-off study allowance.
- Monthly allowance for accompanying member of the family
- Payments towards health, accident and personal liability insurance cover.
- Monthly rent subsidy.
Eligibility requirements for DAAD Scholarship 2022
- Languages: English or German.
- English is the official language of instruction for international student
- You are usually required to submit an English language certificate, e.g., TOEFL or IELTS.
- German is the language of instruction for other programs, and You are required to submit a German language certificate, e.g., DSH or TestDaF.
- The candidate holds a bachelor’s degree (4 years) in a related subject.
- Eligible Countries: Click here for a list of eligible developing countries.
- Candidates have a Bachelor’s degree (usually a four-year course) or Master’s degree in an appropriate subject.
- Candidates have at least two years of professional experience.
- Candidates can prove their motivation is development-related and be expected to take on social responsibility and initiate and support processes of change in their personal and professional environment after their training/scholarship.
Documents required for the Daad Scholarship 2022
- A copy of the signed DAAD application form with the current date
- Letter of motivation
- letter of recommendation
- certificates of employments
- Proof of language skills – IELTS or TOEFL
- Copies of academic Degrees
- Copies of Academic Transcripts
- Applicants from China are to submit APS Certificates.
Application and Selection Procedure
- Step 1: The Candidate must complete and submit the application(s), choosing a suitable course. (You can apply for a maximum of three courses)
- Step 2: A selection committee suggests potential candidates for a DAAD scholarship.
- Step 3: DAAD will contact the suggested candidates to upload their complete application to the DAAD Portal.
- Step 4: The selection process is finalized, and the suggested candidates will be informed accordingly.
Always make sure that you have a copy of each document of your application ready, as those documents (as PDF files) have to be uploaded to the DAAD Portal if you are suggested for a DAAD scholarship!