The Swedish Government has provided a unique opportunity for visionary professionals who wants to become leaders in their field of expertise, contribute to the global sustainable development goals, and shoulder the responsibility of social and economic transformations of their countries/regions.
The SI Scholarship is funded by the Swedish Ministry for Foreign Affairs and is pivoted to individuals willing to contribute to the United Nations 2030 agenda for Sustainable Development.
This master’s degree scholarship opportunity opens the door to a network of future global leaders and entrepreneurs coming together to learn and build a long-lasting relationship with Swedish society and culture.
Take advantage of SI’s unique scholarship opportunity, which, even after your scholarship period has ended, you become a member of the SI Alumni Network, this gives you a unique opportunity to continue to network with a massive pool of talented alumni from over 140 countries.
What are the Benefits of the Swedish Institute Scholarships (SISGP) 2022?
- The scholarship covers the full tuition fee.
- A monthly stipend of SEK 10,000 is paid for living expenses
- Medical Insurance is covered
- Access to become a member of the SI Network for Future Leaders (NFGL)
- Travel grant of SEK 15,000 for student resident in the following countries: For Bangladesh; Bolivia; Brazil; Cambodia; Cameroon; Colombia; Ecuador; Egypt; Ethiopia; Gambia; Ghana; Guatemala; Honduras; Indonesia; Jordan; Kenya; Liberia; Malawi; Morocco; Myanmar (Burma); Nepal; Nigeria; Pakistan; Peru; Philippines; Rwanda; South Africa; Sri Lanka; Sudan; Tanzania; Tunisia; Uganda; Vietnam; Zambia and Zimbabwe.
- Travel grant of SEK 10,000 for students living in Armenia, Georgia, Moldova, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Russian Federation and Ukraine.
- SI Network for future global leaders
- The candidate must be a citizen of a country eligible for the SI SCholarship.
- Must have a minimum of 3000 hours of work experience
- The candidate must complete the University admission requirements and be admitted to one of the eligible master’s programs by 7 April 2022
- The candidate must have demonstrated strong leadership experience from the employment.
- The candidate must demonstrate leadership in civil society engagements.
- The candidate must be able to gain admission into SI Scholarship eligible master’s program.
- How to Apply for the Swedish Institute Scholarship 2022
- The candidate has to apply for university admission first
How to apply for the Swedish Institute scholarships 2022?
- Applications must be completed in English.
- The candidate must apply for university admission first
- The candidate is admitted to one of the eligible master’s degree programs for SI SCholarships by 7 April 2022
- The candidate has applied for SI SCholarshi separately after completing the admission application
- The candidate will receive a personal application number on completing the admission application.
- Letters of Reference – 2 mandatory letters of reference
- Motivation Letter
- Valid and completed proof of work
- copy of valid passport/National ID
Application closes 28 February 2022
Important Application Dates
Apply for a master’s program – 18 October 2021 – 17 January 2022
Apply for a Global Professional Scholarship – 10 February – 28 February
SI Screening before admission – 1 March 2022 – 6 April 2022
Notification from University admission – 7 April 2022
Final Evaluation/Announcement of Scholarship recipients – 8 April 2022 – 28 April 2022