Perhaps you have heard of the Horatio Alger Scholarship in the news, and this article will help you better understand what it is about and how it can benefit you.
The Horatio Alger Association Scholarships program is funded by individuals, corporations, and foundations passionate about providing educational opportunities for underserved youth. The scholarships provide $25,000 per year for four years to 106 candidates.
Earning a Horatio Alger Scholarship can have a major impact on a student’s ability to attend college and succeed academically.
The scholarship provides recipients with much-needed financial assistance that can help cover the cost of tuition and other expenses associated with attending college. Additionally, the scholarship can give recipients access to a network of support from Horatio Alger Scholars, who can offer guidance and advice throughout their collegiate journey.
The scholarships are available to all students, regardless of ethnicity, gender, or academic performance. To be eligible for this grant, applicants will need to identify an area of need they are working to overcome and provide evidence that they are overcoming the challenge through their work, volunteerism, or other constructive activities.
Applications for the Horatio Alger Scholarship will open on August 1 and close on October 25. Horatio Alger Scholarship applications are common applications, which means you only need to submit one application to be considered for all the scholarship programs offered by the Association.
To qualify for consideration, all required materials must be uploaded to your online application by 5:00 p.m. Eastern Time on October 25.
Horatio Alger Scholarship Summary
- Level of Study: Undergraduate
- Institution(s): American Colleges
- Study in: USA
- Deadline: March 15, 2022
Horatio Alger Scholarship provides the recipient with a Grant of $25,000 to 106 students for four years of undergraduate studies at any college in the USA.
Requirements for Horatio Alger Scholarship
- Must demonstrate financial need for college
- Required Language: English
- Eligible Countries: USA
- Must provide evidence of a record of community service
- Must show evidence of a potential for leadership
- Must demonstrate an aptitude for and commitment to a career in public service
- Must not have any felony convictions
- Maintain a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 2.0
- Be a United States citizen
- Must be a high school senior in the United States; be progressing normally toward graduation in spring/summer of 2021 with plans to enter a college in the United States no later than the fall following graduation.
READ ALSO – HOW TO WRITE A COMPELLING SCHOLARSHIP ESSAY
How to Apply for Horatio Alger Scholarship?
Kindly Apply Here