Applications are now being accepted for the Rudd Scholarship Program 2023.
Rudd Scholarship is a Kansas program for students who qualify for a Pell Grant and have the grit and determination to succeed. In this program, we believe in the Midwestern values of humility, hard work, and integrity that make this state and its people great.
Scholarships like this help Kansas’ best minds stay in Kansas, start new businesses, teach in Kansas schools, lead in Kansas communities, and achieve excellence in everything they do.
As a competitive, four-year award, it is intended to cover any remaining costs associated with tuition, fees, books, supplies, and room and board after accounting for all other grants, scholarships, and financial awards. In order to be eligible, students must be full-time undergraduate students at Emporia State University, Fort Hays State University, or Wichita State University and maintain the following criteria:
Are You Eligible for the Rudd Scholarship Program?
- The student will graduate from high school in 2023 and will begin full-time studies in the Fall.
- High school GPA must be at least 3.0.
- You must be a Kansas resident and qualify for in-state tuition.
- The applicant must demonstrate financial need (Pell-eligible).
- Attends Emporia State, Fort Hays State, or Wichita State University.
- You must be a US citizen or a permanent resident.
Can I renew the Rudd Scholarship?
A student may renew the scholarship each year provided they submit a renewal application and meet the following mandatory criteria:
- Maintain a cumulative 3.0 GPA
- On track to graduate in 4 years
- Complete FAFSA form annually
- Satisfactory participation in Rudd Scholar Program activities
Financial Coverage of The Rudd Scholarship Program
- Pay tuition and fees.
- Books and supplies
- Allowance for living expenses.
- Can only be applied towards studies at either Emporia State University, Fort Hays State University, or Wichita State University for full-time students in pursuit of an undergraduate degree.
What Is the Timeline for the Rudd Scholarship Program?
Applications are currently OPEN for the class of 2023. The application will close on December 2, 2022, at noon.